Hi to all you moms out there!
I wanted to wish you happy summer vacation. We moms are some of the most special people on the planet. We do it all and then some. I am a wife, mother of 3, a figure competitor, fitness model, personal trainer and run my own business.
Do you ever wonder where all the time in the day goes? I often find myself saying if there were only more time in the day. People ask me all the time how I juggle all that I do and stay fit and healthy at the same time.
Let me start by saying I was not always fit and healthy. I am naturally a chocoholic and loves sweets. For years my health had been on a roller coaster, addicted to sugar, never exercising, and walking around always tired and in a “fog.” It wasn’t until I started reading about health and nutrition that it really clicked. I was in charge of my health, no one else.
Tips to Keep You on Track When Your Busy Life Gets in the Way
1. Plan out your meals
- I make a weekly menu for breakfast, snacks, lunches and dinners. Post it on the fridge. This way the kids know exactly what they will be eating and you know what to buy at the grocery store. It really makes life much easier.
2. Schedule in your exercise
- If you know you will only do it in the morning (like me) then pick at least two to three days and the times you are going to do it. Write it on the calendar for the week. Hang that calendar where you see it every day. Cross off the days with a bold marker. This will give you a great visual and motivation to see all those days crossed off on the calendar. You will know you are staying on track!
3. Grab and go
- Of course there are going to be times when we are in a hurry and don’t have time to eat that meal we planned. Stock the fridge or pantry with what I call “Grab and Goes” and have a small cooler ready at all times. Throw in healthy items such as a piece for fruit, greek yogurt, carrots and hummus, almonds, protein bar or a pouch of tuna and throw in an ice pack. The important part is to be prepared and always have some healthy options with you so you don’t find yourself starving and at the drive thru.
4. Make your car a mobile learning center
- I am always in the car, driving here or there. Go to the library and get audio CD’s about health, nutrition and exercise. Listen to them while you drive. My favorite saying is “Knowledge is Power”. Surround yourself with what you want in your life. Post motivational pictures and quotes around the house.
5. Be your own BFF
- We all have what I call that “inner speak”. Make sure your inner speak is always positive. Give yourself compliments. Such as “I feel great today”, “You look great in that new dress”, “I am so proud of myself for exercising today”. When you find yourself thinking something negative, switch it to a positive though and be your own BFF. Be proud of who you are!!
These are some of the things I do to keep myself on track and juggle all that we moms have to do. I know that these tips will help you to stay on track and help you to reach your goals. Reach for your dreams because you never know where they will take you!