What is Fitness Model in a Box? Great question. It is actually not a kit you can buy from a store or even on line. “Fitness Model in a Box” is the term I use for always being prepared for a photo shoot.
If you are a new model, experienced model or doing a photo shoot for fun, being prepared is the name of the game. Doing a photo shoot is a lot of fun and very exciting, but when you are at a shoot and not prepared it can be a nightmare.
Let me share one of my earliest photo shoot experiences with you that lead me to “Fitness Model in a Box”. I was invited to do a photo shoot and I was really excited. I was asked to bring my outfits and not to worry about doing my makeup because there would be a makeup artist there to do my hair and makeup.
I got to the shoot, the photographer was setting up and the makeup artist was getting ready to do my makeup. She was taking a very long time putting on my makeup and when she was finished my face was very splotchy and uneven. She did not have the correct colors or makeup for my skin tone and also did not have enough time to do my hair.
I did not bring any of my own makeup with me nor did I have any of my hair items. This is when I learned to always be prepared. Needless to say the photos did not come out too well because I was not feeling confident about my look.
Now this was a rare occasion but it taught me to always be prepared at a photo shoot. My point is, that things may happen that you just don’t expect, so it is always better to be prepared just in case.
This is my list of “FITNESS MODEL IN A BOX” must haves for any photo shoot:
- Suitcase with wheels
- Outfits planned out and put in separate clear zip lock bags
- Assorted shoes & boots, sneakers
- Robe to cover up with
- Flip flops
- Smaller bag to carry items to another location
- Assorted jewelry, earrings, necklace, bracelet, rings
- Stockings, undergarments
- Makeup in its own makeup case
- Hairspray, curling iron, flat iron
- Combs, brushes, pony holders, clips, hair extensions
- Fake eyelashes, eyelash glue
- Hand mirror
- Safety pins
- Press on nails (for emergency breaks)
- Band aids
- Bag for wet clothes (you never know)
- Baby oil & spray bottle of water for “wet” look on skin
- Baby powder to get sand off feet
- Props you may want to use
- Gum, mints
- Emergency snack or protein bar
- Business cards, comp card, resume, bio
- Camera for snap shots of shoot
- Water bottle
Being prepared will make your photo shoot run smooth and you will feel confident and it will show in your photos. A professional model that is on time, organized and prepared will be a busy and successful model.