I love Salmon and it is my go to dish that I order when I am out at a restaurant. Salmon cooked on a cedar plank is my favorite and it is very easy to make at home. Pair this with my roased vegetables or Asparagus and you have the most delicious meal. It is just like eating out but a lot less expensive.
*You will need to soak the cedar planks in water for 2-3 hours before you use them. For a fun alternative soak them in white wine.*
Always strive for wild caught fish when ever possible. Farm raised fish is full of chemicals and you do not want these in your body. That is a whole blog post!
You can find cedar plank at your local Home Depot or Lowes or online. Make sure the cedar planks are the type that is used only when cooking.
Amazingly Delicious Cedar Plank Salmon on the BBQ
I love Salmon and it is my go to dish that I order when I am out at a restaurant. Salmon cooked on a cedar plank is my favorite and it is very easy to make at home. Pair this with my roasted vegetables or Asparagus and you have the most delicious meal. It is just like eating out but a lot less expensive.
Salmon fillets, with skin on (Wild Alaskan Salmon is my favorite)
Olive oil to coat
Salt & pepper
Fresh pressed garlic
Lemon juice and zest optional
Minced fresh dill optional
Water or white wine for soaking the planks
- Soak the Cedar Planks:One to two hours before grilling, soak the planks in water or white wine
- Heat the Grill: 350 degrees
- Lay the Planks on the Grill: Leave a little room between each so the air can circulate around them
- Place Salmon on Planks: Season the salmon with olive oil, lemon, garlic and dill and then place them on the planks skin side down
- Cook for 12 - 15 Minutes: Check after about 12 minutes, they should look nice and pink on the inside
- Remove the Skin: Transfer the salmon on the planks to a cutting board or baking sheet. Use a thin spatula to gently separate the skin from the salmon. The skin should stick to the boards and separate easily
- Cut into Portions and Serve: Use a sharp knife to cut the salmon into portions and serve immediately