An apple a day really does keeps the doctor away!I have always loved that saying. They are getting a Hot and Healthy makeover today! First I want you to really understand the benefits of this amazing fruit and why that old saying is on point.
7 Benefits of Apples
Apples are extremely rich in important antioxidants, flavanoids, and dietary fiber. The phytonutrients and antioxidants in the fruit may help reduce the risk of developing cancer, hypertension, diabetes, and heart disease. (Medical News Today).
- Help keep you full and are a great weight loss food. The fiber in apples will help to keep you fuller longer without adding a lot of extra calories and they are fat free. The average apple has about 95 calories and about 20 grams of good carbohydrates. In addition you are getting valuable vitamins and minerals such as potassium. The fiber in the fruit also helps to clean out your system like a little broom.
- Help boost your immune system. They are a good source of immune system-boosting vitamin C. Next time you have a cold eat an apple and an orange!
- Good for your brain. This fruit contains quercetin, a powerful antioxidant may help brain cells from degenerating.
- May help you breathe better. Phyto-chemicals in apples, such as flavanoids and phenolic acids, can help to calm inflammation in the airways.
- Aid digestion. They contain insoluble fiber, which provides bulk in the intestinal tract. The bulk holds water that cleanses and moves food quickly through the digestive system.
- May help to fight cancer. In 2004, French research found that a chemical in the fruit helped prevent colon cancer, WebMD reported.
- Nature’s “fast food.”
Here is a super easy snack with a twist on the old fashioned slices with peanut butter.
Harvest Apple Snack
This is a twist on the normal apple and peanut butter snack. You can create so many different combinations.
1 organic apple, sliced
1 tbsp. almond or nut butter of choice
Raw cacoa nibs
Goji berries or raisins
Sprinkle of cinnamon
Drizzle of raw honey
Leave a Reply