Daily living causes much stress, which is not easy on the adrenal glands.
The adrenal glands (also known as suprarenal glands) are the triangle-shaped endocrine glands that sit atop the kidneys. They are chiefly responsible for regulating the stress response through the synthesis of corticosteroids and catecholamine, including cortisol and adrenaline.
Adrenal Fatigue – Do You Have It? And what you can do about it.
When the adrenals are tired, the body may experience a number of different symptoms. The most common symptoms caused by tired or worn-out adrenal glands are:
- Excessive sweating or perspiration from little activity
- Lower back pain and/or knee weakness or pain, especially on the side
- Dark circles under the eyes
- Muscle twitches
- Low blood sugar
- Heart palpitations
- Sensitivity to light, or difficulty seeing at night
- Cravings for salt
- Low stamina for stress, and easily irritated
- Excessive mood responses after eating carbohydrates such as pasta, breads and sugar
- Chronic infections (bacterial, viral, fungal, yeast)
- Low blood pressure
- Light-headedness upon standing up
- Tired but wired feeling, poor sleep
- Cravings for sweets and carbs, intolerance to alcohol
- Premature aging
- Dry, unhealthy skin with excess pigmentation
- Lack of libido
- Cystic breasts
- Tendency to startle easily
- Negative response to thyroid hormone
If you suspect you might have tired adrenals, address it right away. Adrenal glands are extremely important to a healthy immune system. They are necessary for proper thyroid function.
Natural Ways to Support Your Adrenals
- Cut out sugar and caffeine
- Cut out processed foods & increase fruits and veggies
- Don’t eat or limit animal products with hormonesEat mainly organic foods
- Clean up your beauty & cleaning products. Detox your home.
- Eat throughout the day to keep your blood sugar levels stable.
- Get better sleep
- Exercise lightly, so you don’t stress out your adrenals.
- See your Doctor and get a blood test.
- Use adrenal supplements and super foods to nourish the adrenals
Leave a Reply