What makes a kettlebell workout different from other weights workouts?
Using kettlebells help to not only strengthen your arms but your whole body from core to even your heart and lungs. It is can be a full body workout in a short amount of time.
The kettlebell offsets your center of gravity, this means the body has to work twice as hard to keep in balance. You are working many different muscle groups at the same time and elevating your heart rate. What a great combination!
Proper form is key when using the kettlebell. Start off slow to get the correct movements.
Keys to Good Kettlebell Form
- Position your feet shoulder width or slightly wider than shoulder width apart.
- Put your weight on your heels.
- Keep your shoulders back chest up and shoulders down.
- Keep a tall spine and neutral head position, no rounded back.
- Keep your eyes focused on a spot in front of you.
- When standing keep a slight bend in the knee.
- Squeeze the glutes and tighten the thighs on the upswing.
15 Minute Core Toning Ab Kettlebell Workout
5 moves each done for one minute to tighten, tone and work the core from the inside out. Make sure you don’t miss the KISS MY KETTLEBELL exercise.
- Kettlebell Crunch
- Power of 3 Kettlebell Twist
- Kettlebell to the Clouds
- Kettle Bell Twist
- Kiss My Kettlebell
Fun Kettlebell sayings
- “Do You Swing?”
- “Kiss My Kettlebells.”
- “Got Bells?”
- “Stop Staring at my Kettlebells!”
- “I swing therefore I am.”
- “Grab life by the Kettlebells”