Low Fat Guacamole
I went out the other night to a great restaurant and they make the most delicious Guacamole on earth. I think I ate the whole bowl all by myself. Then I thought, there has to be a way to enjoy Guacamole and not eat so much fat at the same time. Well guess what, there is. This is such a great appetizer to make for family and friends.
- ½ ripe organic avocado
- 10 oz. organic frozen peas, cooked, drained, mashed in food processor
- ½ Organic ripe tomato, chopped
- ½ Red organic onion, chopped
- ¼ to ½ cup organic cilantro, stem removed, chopped
- ½ Organic lime juice
- Cayenne pepper to taste or chopped jalapeno
- Celtic sea salt to taste
- Lightly mix the avocado, mashed peas, onion, tomato and cilantro together. squeeze lime juice over top, add salt and cayenne pepper to taste.
- Enjoy with regular or baked tortillas.
For a low carb version dip it your favorite veggies and enjoy!!
Guacamole is traditional made in a Molejete bowl, which is made out of volcanic rock. It is one of the oldest kitchen tools in the world. Just thought you would like know.