Mini Eggplant Pizzas
Summer time is officially here and it is time to get that BBQ out. I love the BBQ because it makes cooking so easy because there are no pans to wash. Now, I realize not everyone likes eggplant, but just give it a try. If you really don’t like eggplant than use a different vegetable.
Benefits of Eggplant
The wonderful health benefits of eggplants are primarily derived from its vitamin, mineral, and nutrient content. Eggplants are a rich source of vitamin C, vitamin K, vitamin B6, thiamin, niacin, phosphorus, copper, dietary fiber, folic acid, potassium, and manganese.
Benefits of Balsamic Vinegar
- Balsamic contains a powerful antioxidant called polyphenols which fight cell damage and boost our immune system.
- The antioxidant in balsamic has the potential to protect against heart disease, cancer, and other inflammatory conditions.
- Balsamic can help boost the activity of the digestive enzyme pepsin thus improving metabolism.
Marinated Grilled Eggplant
Summer time is officially here and it is time to get that BBQ out! I love the BBQ because it makes cooking so easy because there are no pans to wash. Now, I realize not everyone likes eggplant, but just give it a try or just use a different vegetable.
2 tbsp. balsamic vinegar
1 tbsp. olive oil
1 garlic clove, minced
1 medium eggplant
parmesan cheese, shredded
salt or pepper if desired
- Preheat grill
- Mix balsamic vinegar, olive oil and garlic together
- Cut eggplant into 1/2 inch slices
- Marinate for 1 hour
- Place on grill, grille each side for about 4 min or until lightly brown
- Top with cut up cherry tomato, olives and basil. Eat alone or pair with a piece of grilled chicken and a sweet potato and there is your healthy dinner