Pilates Ring Workout – Lower Body
I have got a great workout for you today with the Pilates Ring. It is one of my favorite “toys” to workout with. Today I am going to show you a few exercises you can do with the ring. Stay tuned for more!
The Pilates ring was created and named by Joseph Pilates. Another name for the ring is the “magic circle”. The beauty of the Pilates ring is that it takes up very little space so you can even pack it in your suitcase while you travel. It can be used to train everyone from the elderly to the professional athlete and everyone in-between.
You will find the Pilates ring made from different materials from flexible plastic to a flexible metal. They come in different colors and different degrees of tension. I love my pink Pilates ring!
The Pilates Ring Workout
- Front Squeeze
- Over Head Squeeze
- Close Squeeze
- Over The Rainbow Leg Lifts
- High Raise Leg Lifts
- In and Out Glides
- Inner Thigh Leg Squeeze & Holds
Benefits of Pilates Ring
- Helps to create leaner and longer muscles
- Helps to improve posture
- Great for building core strength
- Helps to increase flexibility
- Ideal for isometric training and to strengthen joints
- Light weight, affordable and easy to transport
- Great for beginners to advance
- It’s challenging and fun!