Why I love my Berkey Water Filter System
I get a lot of questions about the Berkey water filter. People often ask what kind of water do I drink and what kind of water filter do I use. For years I have used an alkalizing water filter which was great. But the more I researched the more I understood about fluoride and the dangers it has on our health. You can read more about fluoride in my article Fluoride, Should I Be Drinking It. I will stop here, but I could teach a whole class on the dangers of fluoride. (Hmm.. good idea)
More than 200 million Americans are exposed to unsafe levels of heavy metal contaminants, pesticides, and other toxic chemicals
What is a Berkey Water Filter?
- A complete standalone, filter system.
- Requires No Electricity – Does not have to be connected to your home plumbing system.
- Filters 6000 gallons per set of 2 black Berkey filters = Costs only pennies per gallon.
- Ability to remove/reduce chlorine, fluoride, pathogens, VOC’s, heavy metals, and more.
Benefits Of The Berkey Water Filter In Your Home
- Removes Toxins/Chemicals – It removes hundreds of toxic elements from your water: Bacteria and parasites, heavy metals like lead and mercury. Chemicals such as benzene, chlorine and chromium-6, pesticides and pharmaceutical drugs and more. It removes these elements to levels higher than 99.99% Wow!
- Portable – The Berkey comes in different sizes to fit any families needs. It is portable so you can take in with you on a road trip vacation. I am getting one for my kids for their dorm room. It’s also great in emergencies when the power goes out like in a hurricane. It can filter pond water and make it potable for drinking.
- Economical – The water filtration elements inside every Berkey system are cleanable, this allows each Black Berkey element to produce up to 3000 gallons of purified drinking water without the costly need of replacement. My family uses the most popular system the Big Berkey for example. This system comes with two filters, so the life of these filters would be 6000 gallons. The average family of four would drink about 2 to 4 gallons of water per day. Under those conditions the filters would not need replaced for a minimum of 4 years. That’s using the Berkey to produce every drop of drinking and cooking water you would need for 1500 continuous days!`
- Removes Fluoride & Arsenic – The Berkey removes 95% of fluoride and arsenic. Fluoride is not something you want to be drinking, it is toxic to the body and does not help your teeth.
- Gravity Powered – The Berkey system works with gravity and there is no electricity needed. The filter can sit on your counter and needs nothing else.
Here are a few examples of various contaminants and chemicals used as water treatments commonly found in tap water (there are many more!)
- Disinfectant Byproducts –when water is treated with chlorine, the result is disinfectant byproducts which have been proven to be even more dangerous than the chlorine itself.
- Poly-fluorinated chemicals (PFCs) includes Teflon
- Micro-Organisms and Pathogenic Bacteria
- Inorganic Minerals
- Heavy Metals
- Volatile Organic Compounds (VOCs)
As you can see, there are quite a few chemicals in our water supply that we’d be better off without. This is why it is essential for us to make sure our drinking water is as pure as possible.
How do we do that? By using this Berkey water filter. If you’re thinking bottled water is a better option, think again, most of it is just tap water.
Berkey water filter systems are far superior to other filtration systems because they remove harmful pathogenic bacteria, cysts, parasites, and unhealthy chemical contaminants such as Chlorine to levels higher than 99.99%, while at the same time leaving in the essential minerals your body needs.
Please LIKE and Share. Post your thoughts below. I love hearing from you.