Why You Need To Workout With Resistance Bands
Get ready to rock your workout with one of my favorite pieces of fitness equipment. The resistance bands. Resistance bands are great because they are portable and you can use them anywhere. Resistance bands challenge your muscles very differently than weights. They also use your core very effectively. When using Limm resistance bands you will feel the “London Burn” very quickly.
Benefits of Resistance Bands
One of the most important benefits of elastic resistance is that, unlike free weights, it does not rely on gravity to provide resistance. What does that mean? It means that when you exercise with bands you are training your body similar to how you move in your everyday life. Plus you engage many muscles at once just like natural movement.
Resistance bands also create variable resistance within the range of motion. Meaning the tension of the band in a bicep curl with vary during the whole movement. The number of muscle fibers that are being used in the exercising muscle increase. Using more muscle fibers will increase your strength. This benefit is not offered by free-weight resistance. Using elastic resistance bands you feel a difference, such as a stronger burn in the muscles and greater muscle fatigue.
Full Body Circuit Workout Video Using Resistance Bands
Limm Resistance Loop Bands
I love my Limm Resistance loop bands. They are perfect if you are a beginner or an advanced exercise enthusiast. They come in five different levels of tension each in a different color. The bands provide both a positive and a negative force on the muscles.
- Yellow – X-light – rehab, senior training
- Green – Light – Beginners, untrained
- Blue – Medium – Average fitness level
- Red – Heavy – Average fitness level
- Black – X-Heavy – Already fit and active
The bands come in a handy mesh carrying bag so you can take them anywhere. The bands also come in a package with instructions showing you different exercises for the core, upper and lower body. I truly believe everyone should be exercising using bands.
10 Benefits of Resistance Bands
1. They target smaller muscle groups than using weights alone.
2. Bands engage your core muscles, the bands want to pull you in one direction and your abs have to work to keep you stable.
3. You can use them just about anywhere and are great for travel. No excuses not to exercise on a business trip or vacation.
4. Resistance bands use more than one muscle group at a time, such as this exercise: lunge with overhead shoulder press.
5. Resistance bands can be used at any fitness level. From beginner to advanced, young or old.
6. Resistance bands are simple to use and super effective.
7. You can vary the resistance by using different bands with different tension.
8. You can use them in both push and pull exercise movements. Like a chest-press or an up-right shoulder row.
9. Resistance bands are cost effective and great to add to a home gym.
10. They are fun to use and will kick your booty like this lower body band workout!
One Minute Fitness – Plank & Core Band Pulls
Do you use resistance bands? What are some of your favorite exercises? Leave me a comment below, I love hearing from you.