Quick and Easy Kale and Apple Salad
Kale and apple salad is a quick salad you can throw together in a pinch. This is one of my go to staples because it is so delicious and power packed with nutrients. You can use curly kale or dinosaur kale it does not matter. If you are new to kale then mix in some romaine lettuce for a milder taste.
8 Health Benefits of Kale:
1. Can help lower cholesterol levels – Full of fiber to help lower cholesterol.
2. Kale is a detox food – Loaded with chlorophyll it helps to detox the body.
3. Low in calories – A cup of chopped kale has only 33 calories. Great for weight loss!
4. Great at fighting many cancers – Kale is rich in cancer fighting vitamins and minerals, and chlorophyll.
5. Supports a healthy immune system.
Kale is full of which helps which nourishes the immune system.
6. Visual Benefits.
Kale is abundant in two carotenoids, lutein and zeaxanthin, which act like sunglass filters preventing damage to the eyes from excessive exposure to ultraviolet light.
7. Supports normal blood clotting, antioxidant activity, and bone health.
The high amount of Vitamin K helps nourishes those activities in the body healthy.
8. Great for helping digestion and elimination.
It is very high in fiber.
Kale and Apple Salad
Yield 2 servings
Kale and apple salad is a quick salad you can throw together in a pinch. This is one of my go to staples because it is so delicious and power packed with nutrients.
4 c kale, thinly sliced
1 c parsley, chopped
1 lemon, juiced
1 avocado, chopped
4 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil, first cold pressed
1/4 tsp. black pepper
1/4 tsp. celtic sea salt
1 large organic apple, chopped
1/4 c carrots, shredded
1 tbsp. ground flax seeds
1 tbsp. chia seeds
1 tsp. pumpkin seeds, if desired
1 tsp. dried cranberries, if desired
- Prepare the kale by adding the kale, parsley, lemon juice, avocado, olive oil, salt & pepper to a large bowl. Massage kale for 3-5 minutes.
- Add remaining ingredients
- Add chopped apple and shredded carrots to the kale
- Add your chopped apple and shredded carrots to the kale mixture. Toss
- Top with pumpkin seeds and dried cranberries if desired