5 Super Foods You May Not Have Known About
All fresh fruits and vegetables contain magical powers when it comes to shiny hair, clear skin, and strong nails. However, the ones I’ve chosen below are perhaps not as well known for their powerful beauty benefits. Including these anti-oxidant-rich super foods in your diet will boost your bodies’ health.
1. Goji Berries – All red and orange colored foods contain beta-carotene, a powerful antioxidant. Those cute little berries pack in 18 amino acids including the 8 essential amino acids our bodies need. Goji berries are particularly beautifying due to the minerals A, B, C, E and K. Vitamins A and C can help prevent cell damage that leads to premature aging. They can also reduce inflammation, which can cause a puffy-looking face. Goji berries have also been known to help boost the immune system and protect the eyes. The goji berry is the richest source of carotenoids of all known foods. It has 15 times more nutritional iron than spinach- talk about a super fruit.
2. Spinach – All leafy greens are actually very powerful in terms of being a beauty food because of the chlorophyll they contain. There are also loads of other phytochemicals and fiber in spinach that help build blood that is super clean and which will show through in your skin.
3. Turmeric – This yellow-colored Indian spice has a load of powerful antioxidant qualities. turmeric assists in protecting our cells from free radical damage. It also contributes towards cleaning up metabolic waste in our systems. It is also great as a liver flusher to get rid of any poisons and chemicals which are stored there.
4. Pumpkin Seeds – Wow, these really are powerful. What don’t pumpkin seeds have in them?! The humble pumpkin seed contains high levels of zinc, calcium, potassium, magnesium, and vitamins B, C, and E. Pumpkin seeds are also a great source of amino acids and omega-3 fatty acids, all essential for healthy cell maintenance. Make a handful of pumpkin seeds a regular part of your diet, and you will definitely notice a change in your appearance.
5. Parsley – Parsley is a pretty powerful herb when it comes to anti-aging, as well as purifying and cleansing the body. It contains vitamins A and C as well as anti-oxidizing flavonoids that protect our cells from free radical damage. Parsley also helps to purify the blood, kill bacteria, aid digestion, and cleanse toxins from the liver.
The best thing is that all these super foods are easy to incorporate into your diet. Add turmeric to juice and combine the other foods with some other fixings to make a great, beautifying salad. Who said that beauty was hard to keep?
How to Make Goji Water
Today I am sharing with you one of my favorite beauty water creations–goji water.
Leave a Reply